Thursday, July 21, 2011

Best Friends

Photo Caps of the last few years with my BFF:







When you have a best friend "sister by choice" no one can ever compare. It's something special. A connection that I'll have for the rest of my life. Sometimes, people don't understand it... they don't "get" how two people can be so close. How two people can be so a like. How two people can be around each other and not even talk and know exactly what the other person needs. Sometimes, people are threatened by this but they don't need to be. We are more than friends, we are family. By choice.

That's what happens when you are close with someone for half your life. When you spend every day together for years and years and years. When you both have so much in common but also learn so much from each other. Lives change, people change and relationships pull people closer together and sometimes further apart. To have that person that you can go to no matter what and know that nothing changes, it's special. It's important. As we get older, different things come into play but we are always connected. The same. Even if months go by and I haven't seen her we always pick up from where we left off. I share her with those who are important to me in my life. I share with her the things that I love. And she does the same.


Who else is going to cry with me when I'm sad and laugh with me when I'm happy. She will and she does. I love my best friend Laura. I'm lucky to have such a good friend in my life. Boys come and go but friends are here forever. Now, you'll have to excuse me... I have some serious folk festing that needs to be done with her (and her new little family!).

No comments: