Thursday, September 3, 2009

Playing House


There are nights as I wander off to bed ensuring that the lights are turned off and the doors are locked that I honestly feel as though I am lucky to have what I have. I still feel as though I am 8 years old decorating my cardboard box, making a bed for my stuffed bunny Sofia to sleep next to me.
It seems as though I am playing house.

Now though, Sofia has been put away safely in a box of her own and if it were to rain my house will not go soggy- it's that same feeling though. That same thrill of excitement of knowing that I am on my own. I like to pay my bills (truth). I like to do the dishes and make things in my slow cooker because that's what adults do. Will this ever grow old and grow up? I know I'll grow old but will I grow up?

I look forward to the day that I will live with someone again. Not a roommate (no offence Steve, you were an amazing roommate!), but a lover.

Hopefully they will share the same twinge of excitement I have for paying the electrical bill.
Oh! And they won't wear short shorts with white socks and loafers while cooking me breakfast.
Image Borrowed from Google Images

2 comments:

Rolley said...

You made me remember a nice quote I read the other day... and so.. I'll paste it in:


Wait for the person who pursues you, the one who will make an ordinary moment seem magical, the kind of person who brings out the best in you and makes you want to be a better person. Wait for the person who will be your best friend, the only person who will drop everything to be with you at any time no matter what the circumstances. Wait for the person who makes you smile like no one else and when they smile you know they need you. Wait for the person who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweat and a t-shirt, but appreciates it when you get dressed up for them. Most of all wait for the person who will put you at the center of their universe, because that’s where you belong.

http://littlemiss.tumblr.com/

Kristin said...

Sometimes I look around and I'm not sure how I'm grown up enough to have my own little house and family!